FASHION-STYLE-BEAUTY-MAKEUP-ACCESSORIES

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Collective Haul: MAC, Illamasqua, LUSH and Primark Beauty

Hello my little Cherubs!

Firstly I just want to say a BIG thank you to all of you who are following my blog! I really appreciate your support and your comments are all so positive, keep them coming!

So I finally got around to spending some of my birthday vouchers and wanted to share my mini, collective haul with you all :



1. MAC Bite of An Apple Blush



MAC Bite of an Apple Blush from the Venomous Villains Collection. This is a Disney Villains themed collection which came out in early October this year, there was so much hype about this particular collection and I believe most items are now sold out. Specifically, this blush was sold out almost immediately and are now selling for double the price on Ebay. It is a beautiful corally pink matte finish blush and is suitable for many skintones. I LOVE this blush because it is just so unique. I haven't seen anything similar by MAC and also I think the packaging is so cute too. I can wear this with so many looks as it gives anything from a beautiful, natural looking flush up to a deeper tint depending on the application.

Here is a swatch on my skin which for reference is MAC foundation shade NC42-43:



2. Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Rude



I have recently discovered Illamasqua products and have to say I am obsessed with their colour range, intensity and pigmentation and their packaging and marketing is super impressive too! Their blushes have  been getting rave reviews and I can totally see why as the powder blushes are so buttery smooth and the colours are so pigmented and intense which means all colours show up on all skin tones. The cream blushes too have fantastic staying power and the most famous is Rude. This is again in the peachy coral family of colours, but a much more true peach shade. It goes on smooth and gives the perfect dewy, natural finish to the skin. I can imagine turning to this little beauty on a daily basis. I can't wait to purchase some other items from Illamasqua.



3. MAC Lip Pencil in Stripdown




MAC Stripdown lipliner is an old favourite. If you want a completely neutral shade of lipliner then this is it. You can actually use this lipliner with ANY colour of lipstick as it mutes out your own lipcolour, however it is particularly beautiful with paler colours, especially if, like me, you have dark, pigmented lips.



4. MAC A Tartan Tale Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Black Line



MAC A Tartan Tale Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Black Line is an eyeliner from another limited edition collection by MAC "A Tartan Tale". These are so smooth and creamy yet dry to a completely smudge proof finish! The perfect formula! This is a black eyeliner with the most beautiful khaki-gold shimmer to it. Again, it is just so unique and I can imagine using it on the lower lashline or even possibly all over the lid for a really intense smokey look. There are still lots left so if you are interested go and check the pearlglides out. They of course have other beautiful colours too.  Sorry the swatch is blurry but its the only picture we took where you can make out the green-gold shimmer!



5. MAC A Tartan Tale Dazzleglass Creme in Gone Romancin'



Another item from A Tartan Tale collection. Again this is a limited edition formula lipgloss. It is a Dazzleglass Creme - a combo of the glittery dazzleglass formula and the pigmented cremesheen formula (cremesheen is part of the permanent collection). The gloss I chose from the collection is called Gone Romancin'! It is pink with lilac undertones and lilac shimmer which is very subtle. The gloss actually shows up really well and coverage is excellent. I have worn this over MAC Please Me lipstick and came out a really pretty pink colour. It is also quite cool toned so would look fantastic with a dramatic smokey eye.

6.Primark Very Fluttering Glamour Lashes



I also have recently been checking out Primark's beauty and cosmetic range. Most products are really not that great quality at all, but boy have I been surprised by their lashes! These are so long and wispy but still quite natural looking. The band is really thin and therefore unnoticeable. Even the glue is fairly decent although I tend to rely on my trusty Duo Adhesive which is frankly, unbeatable. I will do a look soon using these lashes so you can see what I mean. More importantly, the lashes are at £1.50,very good value for money. I highly recommend these.



7. LUSH Sugar Babe Scrub

Finally, LUSH. I ADORE LUSH products! It makes me feel happy just going into that store, it smells fantastic, everything looks so clean and fresh and natural. There are no chemical nasties in any of their products and the packaging is economical yet cute and informative. I needed a really scrubby, body scrub so decided on the Sugar Babe body scrub. It contains sea salt and coconut oil and is scented with ylang flowers and mimosa blossom. I cannot wait to try this out as it just sounds and smells so luxurious. I personally love the smell of coconuts in bath products so that played a big part in my decision to choose this over other body scrubs, I have to resist taking a little bite out of this sweet-smelling treat-like product..yum! HAHA!!  The fact that it is a little half moon cake-shape also made it quite appealing as you can get a firm grip on it to get maximum scrubbage! I have heard that it can melt fairly quickly under hot running water, so to get the most out of it the sales assistant advised me to step out of the running water when scrubbing it and storing it in a little plastic container. Although £2.60 is not a lot of money, if half of it goes down the drain on the first use then it is definately a waste of money. I will keep you updated on how it works out.

Oooooh!! All this guilt-free purchasing has really made me happy and excited to play with all my new goodies!! What lovely things have you bought recently?

xoxo Angel5ace xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realise Primark did false lashes! I'll have to pick up a few pairs next time I go in, thanks for the tip! The Illamasqua cream blusher looks gorgeous, I'd love to see you wearing it in a FOTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Laura-Emerald Green 88 Yes they even have some extravagant party ones with feathers etc the glue is the most surprising thing as it is very good. Lots of FOTDs being planned the issue really is the photography but hang in there and I will be displaying lots of the goodies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete