FASHION-STYLE-BEAUTY-MAKEUP-ACCESSORIES

Sunday 21 November 2010

TTIL (Ten Things I Love) Nov '10

1. Kiehl’s Lip Balm


This stuff is AMAZING!! I have converted so many of my friends to this lipbalm. Yes it is expensive but boy is it worth it! If you suffer from dry lips, this is the stuff for you. It hydrates like craaaaazzzzy, protects, has SPF AND plumps up my lips. Its available from House of Fraser and Selfridges and Harvey Nichols and its around £9 a tube I think. It lasts a really long time as you only need a tiny bit – its my HG (Holy Grail) lipbalm – Buy it!!
2. Jo Malone Fragrances


Its kind of silly but I always used to feel so jealous of people who had a signature scent. I have searched for years to find THE ONE. My expectations were a tad high, I admit - I wanted something sweet but not sickly, clean and fresh but not too citrusy or reminiscent of handwash, something which I could wear on long car journeys and not get car sickness from the smell, something that was strong enough to linger on me and my clothes hours after wearing it but not so strong that I suffocated other passengers when using public transport, something so unique that no one I knew wore it so that it would definitely be MY signature scent, and finally something I would NEVER get bored of. AND THEN it happened! I found it! Jo Malone’s Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne is the perfect match. If you are not familiar with Jo Malone’s fragrances please go check them out. They are just so unique and are all designed to be layered with other scents. Plus they make matching lotions, hand creams and candles! *LOVE*
3. Over the Knee Boots
I know, I know.. these can come across a little Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, but stick a flat or chunky/wedge heel on them, create them in soft slightly worn good quality suede and wear them in the daytime with leggings/skinny jeans and a warm fluffy jumper, scarf and gloves and they are the perfect way of “sexing up” otherwise chunky, layered winter clothing. I own a gorgeous tan flat pair by Office, which have really come in handy for the last two winters.





4. ELF HD Powder
If you love makeup and are on a budget, check out www.eyeslipsface.co.uk.. Their Studio line brushes, primers and makeup organisers are legendary and the best part? Prices generally range between £1 and £6! Their HD powder in the Studio line has been featured in the press heavily as it is a perfect silicone based, translucent powder which magically gives you that movie star, soft-focus effect. Seriously, its like someone waved a magic wand over your face ta daaaa!!!!
5. Cape Coats
I know Shearling is big this winter, thanks to Burberry, and yes I do own a black Shearling-esque full length coat from Mango, but it is my limited edition Italian wool cape that I got a couple years back that I love wearing the most. Cape coats are just so in fashion at the moment, but more importantly they are really classy and surprisingly warm. You can literally throw a cape coat over the most lumpy, bumpy, slouchy woollen sensible clothing and it will transform you into a fashionista. Cinch it in with a belt and you get even more kudos.. from me at least. Zara has a gorgeous cape coat for just £99.


6. L’Oreal Mascaras

You may have guessed already but I am a HUGE fan of L’Oreal mascaras – my HG mascara is the Voluminous Carbon Black mascara for thick lashes. For long spidery lashes check out their Telescopic lash also in carbon black and both are now available in a waterproof formula.



7. ELF Makeup Brush Holder





This is definitely on my Christmas wishlist. It is a pretty simple object – just a rectangular box with 3 compartments for holding makeup brushes. But there is something about the sleek, matte black exterior and the eyes lips face logo.. plus I am a bit of a sucker for organizers of any kind. Its available at ELF for just £12 for the larger size.


8. Thicker, Natural Looking Eyebrows


Yes this is a slightly odd one. The thicker and more natural eyebrow is more in fashion, but more importantly, it means less time, effort, money and pain on your chosen method of eyebrow grooming AND thicker eyebrows make you look younger, apparently. I get my eyebrows threaded and found that as time went on my eyebrows got thinner and thinner and actually lower down my forehead! I have for the past 4 weeks been trying to re-grow my eyebrows and slightly re-shape them to get a better arch and a more natural look. I’m not quite there yet but already like the idea of thicker eyebrows on me.
I just had to post a picture of one of my favourite artists of all time, and a woman who was proud of her natural beauty: Frida Kahlo



9. Finger-Less Gloves
I have had a thing for finger-less, arm warmer gloves for a few years now. Hobo –chic right?? LOL! I have built up a fair collection now and the most recent addition are a purple woollen pair from H&M. I just love the way you can still use a touch phone while keeping the majority of your hands nice and toasty!


10. Revlon Mauve It Over Matte Lipstick




Revlon lipsticks have to be my favourite drugstore lippies. In fact, I will go as far as to say that their matte formula is BETTER than MAC’s matte finish lipsticks! Smooth, highly pigmented, creamy and, more importantly, non-drying. My only issue with their lipsticks is that they don’t have enough colour choices. My go-to colour has to be Mauve It Over – the most attractive medium dark nude-pink with mauve undertones. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment